Lifes too short. Eat Dessert First.
September is definitely Birthday month in this house. With my Best Friend, my Nanna and my Fiance all basically within one week! This means I haven't been at home much and I have eaten and eaten and eaten some more! Bottomless Brunch, a delicious Italian Meal out and a wonderful Dinner Party at one of our good friends and there is still so much more food planned for the weekend!
If you're ever in the need for a Bottomless Brunch then I would highly recommend Big Easy in Covent Garden. Firstly because I just LOVE Covent Garden and secondly it honestly was great. We had jugs of Frozen Mojitos bottomless BBQ food and Lobster! All for the small price tag of £29.50 you can't ask for more.
Post Brunch we headed over to Friends Fest which was hilarious! This may have been helped by the jugs of Frozen Mojitos but as a Friends fan Mojitios or not could I BE anymore excited about this? Probably not!
Anyway back to the point of this blog post today! We had a fabulous dinner party at one of our Friends houses this week and I just couldn't help but bring along Dessert. Now this dessert was EPIC, not just in taste but because it was so easy to make! This is next Level Bread and Butter Pudding, made with Pain Au Chocolat, Salted Caramel and Chocolate Custard and served with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream. The perfect thing to impress your friends/family in a stress free manor, go on treat yourself and everyone else you know with this dessert.
Chocolate, Whiskey and Salted Caramel Pain Au Chocolat Pudding with a Salted Caramel Whipped Cream
5 Pain Au Chocolat
300ml Double Cream
2 Egg Yolks
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
100g Dark Chocolate
50ml Your Favourite Whiskey
1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Salted Caramel Recipe
150ml Double Cream
50ml You Favourite Whiskey
100g Butter Cubed
1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Big Pinch Sea Salt
Salted Caramel Whipped Cream
150ml Whipping Cream
6 Tbsp Salted Caramel
1. Chop the Pain au Chocolat into 3 or 4 slices and place into your ovenproof dish facing up.
2. Place the double cream into a saucepan over a medium heat, once it has been brought to just boiling remove from the heat. Stir in your chocolate, Whiskey and Vanilla Bean Paste. Keep stirring until the chocolate is fully melted.
3. Leave the chocolate mixture to cool for 10 minutes, whilst you make your caramel. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks and brown sugar.
4. Start making your salted caramel. Place the sugar and cream in a saucepan over a medium/high heat keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved and it starts to bubble. Once bubbling add your butter, whiskey and Vanilla Paste (careful it may splash and is v hot!) keep stirring and it will start to thicken.
5. Keep stirring until the caramel until it coats the back of your spoon. Once it has reached this consistency the fun begins! Grab a teaspoon and start filling the holes in the pain au chocolat with as much salted caramel as you can fit in! Don't worry some will spill out at the bottom but don't worry it will just seep into your chocolate custard!
6. Once you have filled the holes in the Pain Au Chocolat finish making your custard. Add the egg yolk and sugar mixture and stir until combined. Once combined simply pour over the salted caramel filled Pain Au Chocolat.
7. Leave the custard mixture to seep into the Pain Au Chocolat for a minimum of 10 minutes, I left mine for hours so even better this can be made in advance! If you are cooking this dessert instantly then preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
8. Cook your dessert for 30 minutes or until the custard has just set, whilst your dessert is cooking make your salted caramel whipped cream. Whisk the cream until it is just starting to thicken then add in your salted caramel, keep
whisking until it has reached your desired consistency.
9. Serve and enjoy! We served ours with the same Whiskey that was in the sauce just for that extra Whiskey hit!
Think we need to know about somewhere or someone? Get in touch today firstname.lastname@example.org